View Single Post

Old 10-05-2012, 10:28 AM

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey217 View Post
I'm having the same issue with my 1 month old 40c. It seemed to happen quite a lot at the range yesterday. I fired 150 rds of American Eagle 180gr through it. Once or twice, it even paused for 4 -5 seconds before travelling the last few cm into battery. It was really weird.

Next time I go to the range, I'm going to do some more thorough testing by marking the mags, trying different ammo, ensuring a good grip, etc. I have 6 10-rd mags that I use, but I only load them up with 5 rds at a time while I'm at the range.

Another oddity yesterday was that almost all of my spent brass was going a good 7-8 feet to my right. Previously, they usually only travel about 3 -4 feet. Following the guidelines in a previous post, I'm going to examine the brass closely this weekend, as well as the feed ramp/ejection port, looking for excessive marks or damage.

I'll update after my next range trip.
For me the problem only occurs with the 10 round mag and is most pronounced when there are 5 or less rounds in the mag. Seems like the mag spring exerts significantly more upward force at that point until the mag is empty. Try pushing rounds out of the mag with your index finger. You will feel that you have to push much harder from 5 rounds down to zero