View Single Post

Old 10-05-2012, 10:43 AM

Liked 25,707 Times in 8,687 Posts

So far the best quality repair service I have used .......... is me.
Why, not saying I am the best GS in the world, but I will sit there and tweak things 'till I get them just the way I want them, not just somewhere within spec's. I don't have to punch the clock or worry that time is money and I am spending too much time fitting a particular part. It's nice to be retired.

If you have no desire to work on your own guns or are unable or unwilling to do so, I would recommend S&W as the next best thing. NOT that they haven't made mistakes, botched guns up or lost things, but they are reputable, have the ability to replace things and make a job-gone-bad - right again. They DO answer their phones and will complete the repair or re-finish in a reasonable amount of time for a reasonable amount of money. I have dealt with other Company's that just won't return a phone call or email (Ford's for one) and I will NEVER deal with them again. I don't give a Rat's butt how great their bluing is............. I will not pay to be treated like a second class customer!

Another Company that I would recommend as far as long guns are concerned is Mid West Gunworks. I have used them 3 times to re-blue a Browning, a Marlin and a Winchester. All 3 times they were reasonably priced, had a reasonable turn-around time, and did a terrific job! Don't know if they work on hand guns or not.

Chief38
The Following 2 Users Like Post: