View Single Post

Old 10-06-2012, 01:16 PM

Liked 325 Times in 157 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&R Fan View Post
In my opinion, at least regarding CCW, one of the most important aspects is absolute secrecy as to whomever is carrying. . . . "Jim, we (She and some other Women) were talking about carrying guns, do you carry one at church?" I said "no, I never do that". Yeah, I lied, but what could I do in that situation? The board member had obviously discussed it with his Wife. I don't want people to know I carry, for a number of reasons. One, I want it to be a surprise if I ever have to draw, but also, I don't want somebody who wants to possibly get me in trouble to have that information to possibly say I did something inappropriate. If they don't know I'm armed, that's not likely to happen.
If asked point-blank by someone not in leadership, I wouldn't lie--I'd smile and say, "You never know" or maybe "Why do you ask?" If I'm known to be lying, then it casts doubt on my integrity.

However the members who are carrying at my church generally know who else is carrying, and so does the elder council and security team. My main reason for keeping it secret is so it doesn't freak out anyone who would be shocked at the idea--I don't want to disturb the atmosphere of worship. But I also don't want the general public looking to me to intervene when perhaps no intervention is necessary in my opinion.
The Following User Likes This Post: