View Single Post

Old 10-07-2012, 11:08 AM

Liked 931 Times in 440 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKC View Post
I recently bought a GP100 .357 with a 3" barrel and fixed sights. It's built like a tank! It came with the Hogue grips, but I bought a set of the old-style rubber grips from Midway and got some wooden inserts from Altamont, and it looks and feels a lot better to my hand.

I really like S&W revolvers, but I just won't buy one with the lock, and I don't like to buy used guns (just my preference) if I can get new. I wanted a revolver to keep in my nightstand, and while I would have preferred a 686, I wanted fixed sights, and no lock...I couldn't get that in a 686...so I bought the GP100. (I do have a S&W 642 for CCW, and it doesn't have the lock.) I don't have any worries about this being durable and functional!

WOW. It was a used 25-2 that got me derailed from Colt revolvers to S&W revolvers. Put a lot of rounds through that fine fire arm and was so impressed that I bought another one in better condition than the first. I would suggest your position on used guns. Of I had that position I would not have my 610. Not only was it used but the insides had been abused by a want to be gunsmith. Paid $500 for it, a little under $200 for parts and labor and I now have a kick butt 10mm revolver that I could sell for $1100 if I was crazy enough to do so. Which I aint.

NIB=Used Gun as all guns are fired at the factory.