Thread: Shield vs XDs
View Single Post

Old 10-07-2012, 12:00 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,356 Times in 451 Posts

You're not alone in your preference for the 45acp chambering. Springfield did a very good job making a pistol in that proven caliber for the ever growing concealed carry market. I like the features this pistol has. The grip safety depresses naturally as you grip the pistol. That and with the combination of the firing pin block makes for a very safe design. The only way for this pistol to discharge is by purposely pulling the trigger. The checkering on the grip is very aggressive which I like in this small of a carry pistol. A 45 is going to have heavier recoil than a 9mm, so I don't want it slipping and sliding in my hand. Obviously this is not going to be the type of pistol you shoot all day at the range. So I'm looking forward to see how comfortably I can go through say 100 rounds at a time.
My M&P45c is a very comfortable pistol to shoot during a long range session and with the size difference of the XDs I know it's going to be less so. I'll report back soon after a range session. I'd still love to see a Shield 45.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC07551.jpg (59.7 KB, 773 views)
File Type: jpg DSC07540.jpg (113.4 KB, 843 views)