View Single Post

Old 10-07-2012, 10:48 PM

Liked 313 Times in 95 Posts

My S&W version PPK/S had a lot of sharp edges on the frame that I had to lightly round off. Mechanically, it ran perfect. I eventually sold it to a co-worker that wanted it more than I did. Two months after I sold it to him they had a recall on them and he had to send it in for the repair.
I eventually missed it and picked up an Interarms PPK/S. I think it's finished nicer. I had to smooth off the sharp edges on the back underside of the slide as the first time I shot it, it left two slices in the web of my hand between the thumb and first finger due to the shorter beavertail. Other than that, it's ran perfectly and is a cloverleaf shooter at defense distance (7-10 yds). Buying it used, I have no idea if a previous owner had any work done to it to correct any issues. I've put a lighter mainspring in it to improve the DA trigger pull and have been very happy with it.
If I had the two in front of me and had to choose one, I'd probably go with the Interarms version as it seems to be finished nicer. My S&W was an early one and I haven't handled one of theirs in the last 4 or 5 years so I don't know if they've cleaned up all their sharp edges or not.