View Single Post

Old 10-08-2012, 07:58 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,353 Times in 562 Posts
Default S&W Model 1911 Performance Issues

My thanks to all of the forum members who have provided me with some very important information. Performance can be defined in several ways - for me it's reliability, target accuracy, operational performance as described by the manufacturer, defect free operation, etc. I carried a Colt .45 in Vietnam and I know what a great firearm it is. I already have two Colts and one Springfield 1911 MilSpec The latter always provides exceptional performance, every day of the week!The comments that I have seen in other posts include, replacement by S&W customer service due to extensive mechanical problems, extractor problems, poorly designed and tooled ramps, ejector port design and function problems, extractor pin drifting down onto the slide causing jamming during firing, poor machining at the factory etcWith the exception of a Glock, S&W M&P, a Springfield XDM, and of course the Colts, all of my firearms are revolvers. However, I may have overlooked a real top notch performer in the S&W Model 1911, especially the E Series model. Those who have responded to my posts are certainly supporting that conclusion.

Last edited by Marine Corps Air; 10-08-2012 at 08:20 PM.