View Single Post

Old 10-12-2012, 10:19 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,879 Times in 417 Posts
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldiron View Post
Capt Steve, Had my left knee replaced May 1. Yes the first two weeks are painful but I will admit that week one I do not remember much. Good meds. Week three, I was able to sleep on my side again. Threw the walker away after three weeks and the cane after 6 weeks. In July, I started bailing hay again and have done about 1200 bails since. I would not put off a replacement for the right one if I needed it. One hint, throw away your old shoes since they will most likely be badly worn from the limp/favoring. I found my old shoes had a 1/2" worn away from the side of the heal and with the new ones my walk was nice and straight.
You have my prayers and empathy, but keep pushing the envelope in PT. Push it to the "hurts some" stage and soon it will not hurt.
Been There Done That,
Larry
OldIron and everyone else, thanks for all of the encouragement and support. Great tip about replacing the old shoes, makes a lot of sense. Yes, I'll suck it up and do what I have to do and will end up far better for it but oh man it's going to sting for a while.