View Single Post

Old 10-12-2012, 11:01 PM

Liked 90 Times in 53 Posts

I have had 2 partial knees replaced (Oxford) one in CA 2006, $90,000.00 workers comp paid. Last Dec. had the 2nd. knee done in S.C. insurance paid $49.000. First one(L-K) Dr. was o.k. and expensive,Dr. in S.C. fabulous, I have done paramedicine for 20+ years and have never seen or had as good care as I did at Self Regional Med. Ctr. in Greenwood S.C.I was off crutches 10 days after surgery and walking 2 mi. I had home therapy from the best PT's I have ever had until I could drive,2 weeks.Done with all of my P.T. after 5 weeks. I have had 6 knee surgeries from the incompetent, money sucking health care in CA.That includes UCSF,the worst orthopedic group ever.Elk hunt next week and been walking 7 mi. everyday since April.
If they want you to do 15 reps. of any exercise do 20, I had 125 deg. of flexion within a week(normal is 140+-).you will have a numb knee for several years until the nerves reestablish,Iggy has it, right both knees were much better right away, different pain. ICE,ICE,ICE, much better pain reliever than drugs you will need the drugs for a bit but give them up A.S.A.P.

Last edited by longranger; 10-12-2012 at 11:22 PM.