View Single Post

Old 10-14-2012, 09:31 AM
Banned

Liked 191 Times in 103 Posts

Being old school, I think any defensive weapon should be comforting, not comfortable. And frankly, I don't think actually using the BG is comfortable. But I carry it.

It doesn't fit my hand, I find a nasty 'crack' recoil with some brands of cartridges, I have to be careful with hand and grip placement because I have hit the magazine release with my trigger finger, and it doesn't seem to group well. Mine will hit the ten-ring a few times, and then string out to one o'clock. I would prefer "gutter snipe" sights, but no sights at all would be fine.

To me that doesn't mean a thing. It's flat, it's light, I can buy bulk ammo fairly inexpensively in my area. Just about any holster fits it. Right now I'm using an Uncle Mike's ballistic nylon pocket holster inside a Tuff's product.

That kind of firearm is used. Since it carries easily I will always have it (or a 642) with me. Heavier, clumsy, expensive firearms get left at home, never with you when you need them.

I have another thought. If I had to use it, chances are it might end up in a police evidence bag. For the price, I could care less. It will have saved my wife and I, so I'll just buy another one. I do not form attachments to the guns and knives I carry for defense. With my favorite Zero Tolerance, I also carry a desposable Boker Jim Wagner knife for the same reason.