View Single Post

Old 10-15-2012, 03:37 PM

Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
That's one thing girl friends are good for.

Real bottom of the compressor line is Chicago Tools. Next is the Husky from Home Depot and whatever name Lowes is using for their house brand. I have the Husky and use it for lots of carpenter stuff primarily. Blowing out gun actions is a bonus.

Whether you have anything attached to the barrel or not, you MUST use something to clamp the barrel (NOT THE RECEIVER) in a vice. The polymer receiver will not take the torsional stress.

Thanks I appreciate the heads up on the barrel clamp. After much debate and reading I most likely will NOT remove the barrel because of the possibility of messing the threads up, but I will keep the barrel wrench incase the barrel gets loose like some have reported and use it just to tighten it back down. As for the compressor I will look at home depot to see what they have, I dont need anything crazy. Even though I live in an apartment I dont think a small compressor will create that much noise. It will prove a very usefull tool when I clean my pistols aswell.
MajorlK: on a side note I didnt take your previous post to this thread as an insult. I have a very thick skin but I will dish it back, my outlook is if one dishes it one can take it. No hard feelings I hope