Old 10-18-2012, 07:33 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Exclamation Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJ View Post
Hi all!

I am new to these forums as I have just purchased my first handgun ever which is a FS M&P 9. I love it so far, I knew S&W made great guns because I used to shoot my mother's S&W .38 Special all the time. My next purchase is going to be a M&P Shield or .45, I haven't decided. Haha.

Anyways I have been lurking these and other forums dedicated to firearms, concealed and open carry laws, etc and I know any CCW badges are a bad idea. I work for a private security company but I only wear my gun and security badge when going to and from work and in full uniform. Off-duty of course I conceal carry (I do have my license) and my question is where should I keep my CC License? In the wallet, on my neck (under clothes), in an ID holder (under clothes of course), and how would I advise Law Enforcement I that do have a license in case of being questioned or god forbid I actually have to use it?

I know in Alabama open carry is legal and CC is legal with a license. I cannot carry in hospitals, private property that is marked with "no weapons", and court rooms. Do any of you all know if I'm missing anything? Any tips for a new CC guy? Any gun recommendations for CC and/or home defense and competitive shooting?
Go to Evan Marshall - Handgun Stopping Power click on commentary, and read Evan Marshall's comments on the 'Dangers of Intervention'.