View Single Post

Old 10-24-2012, 04:23 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Full Size M&P 9MM Conceal Carry

Hi everyone, I've recently bought a FS M&P 9mm and I love it! It's a pleasure to shoot, look at, and all around a great gun. For the past few months since I've been carrying I started with an old police model S&W .38 Special and a nylon IWB holster. It wasn't perfectly comfortable but it was manageable.

I decided I wanted a new gun and the local gun shoppe owner directed me to the M&P. I feel like I should have done more research before purchasing it but it's a great gun so I don't regret it. (You can never have too many guns) I plan on starting a collection as time permits.

The only issue I have is everyday carry. I have a Galco King Tuck IWB holster that is wonderful and conceals it pretty damn well and is semi comfortable but only in two positions. The grip still prints sometimes and fully loaded it's heavy on the pants not to mention the area that it is in makes my hip or backside look a little bigger. If I have my shirt tucked in with a polo its not a big deal but how the hell am I suppose to get it out in time of an emergency? With an undershirt and t-shirt over it makes it easy to acquire but doesn't hide it quite as well. I plan on buying a heavy duty belt and I have some jeans/pants that are a size bigger but it still just doesn't feel natural.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to conceal and carry a full size weapon practically and somewhat comfortably? I can't really afford to get a Shield or Springfield XD9 SC yet and I want to carry I'm just trying to figure out how to do it properly. Open carry is legal in AL but I don't like sticking out like that haha. Is this something I just have to get used to or am I doing something wrong? I'm fairly new at CCW so any advice would be wonderful.

I do plan to buy a SC as soon as I can but I don't know when that will be. When I do, however, what do yall recommend? Single or double stack mags? Thanks in advance.

-Jazz

Last edited by JazzyJ; 10-24-2012 at 04:42 PM.