View Single Post

Old 10-25-2012, 10:05 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,070 Times in 2,660 Posts

You are correct, the quote of 860 fps with Speed Gold Dot Short Barrel .38 Special +P ammo is from a 2" barrel and I have confirmed that velocity and a little higher myself. That ammo is also very accurate in my S&W M442.

I can't agree with the above statement, Buffalo Bore is the BEST ammo. Sure it's good ammo with a very high price and they produce very high velocities but that doesn't make them the best. Sorry but the highest velocity does not translated into the best ammo.

I highly suggest finding the ammo which is most accurate in your revolver and use that ammo. Most current SD ammo on the market will do what it should do if you do your job. The best ammo in the world using the best bullet will do you no good without hitting what you aim at.

BTW, if you have no intention of shooting .357 Magnum ammo why spend twice what you need to spend on an Airlite J frame instead of just buying an Airweight J frame? I carry a M442 and before that I carried a M642 and both are very reliable but half the price of the M340.
SWCA #3437

Last edited by ArchAngelCD; 10-27-2012 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Typo...