View Single Post

Old 10-27-2012, 12:58 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Lake View Post
A M&P 9c is easy to conceal. The 45c is slightly larger. The crossbreed style holsters make a world of difference. I have carried four different guns in them and while new to this art I had some difficulties getting comfortable. Once I found the sweet spot for my body shape, it's easy now. I like mine at 3:30. With my Beltman belt and a pair of pants one size bigger, and the holster adjusted to the proper cant and the gun riding at the proper height, the butt of the gun is pulled snug against my body and it doesn't interfere with the natural hinge of my hips. This position works great when in my truck, sitting at my desk, and walking around. I can even crawl on the couch and curl up with my legs under me to watch a movie.

It really comes down to getting the gun exactly where it needs to be on your body to fit your shape. Some holsters are adjustable, but those that aren't are a **** shoot for your use. While one guy says the Milt Sparks is the perfect holster, the next guy make be thinner or thicker and it may not work at all for him. Hence the drawer full of holsters and the hundreds of manufacturers!
Very solid advice, thanks for your input. I just received my 5.11 Trainer's belt which is an inch and a half tall and it holds my holster and weapon and I don't even have to tighten the thing until I can hardly breathe! I've been playing around with some positions but the 5 position seems to be the best in comfort and conceal-ability for me although I would like for it to be up a little more to where yours is, my clothing and body shape doesn't seem to support it very well unless I wear a jacket. I'm not saying it sticks out completely but it's not as good as my current position.

I have considered trading in the full size for the compact but I would lose a little bit of money and I eventually plan on picking up the Shield anyway for my wife. I think I'm going to move up to .45 anyway, hence the XDS. I shoot it just as well and it packs a bigger punch; not that the 9mm is lacking in any way. I keep hearing wonderful things about the Crossbreed so I'm going to pick one up for my XDS when time and funds permit.