Thread: M&P 15-22 Ammo
View Single Post

Old 10-27-2012, 07:54 PM

Liked 4,286 Times in 2,238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksol View Post
No, I don't have any specific proof for this specific gun and ammo.

I'm not saying that S&W won't support the warranty on the 15-22 if you use ammo from the "not recommended" list, but to me it looks like they can legally opt to not repair a gun if the owner chooses to use ammunition from that list. I would err on the safe side and avoid any ammo on the list.

Always refer to your owner's manual and contact customer support for specifics.
And every centerfire firearm that I have has a warning that the warranty is void in anything but factory ammo is used. 99 percent of what is fired in all of my centerfire firearms is my hand loads and in the three cases of needing warranty repairs, no one has ever asked me what I was shooting in it.

If S&W said Remington, et al was prohibited, I would agree with you, but that's not what the manual says. The manual says "not recommended." Also, the manual says nothing about the warranty being void if "not recommended" brands are used. It simple says "defective or improper" ammo. If you want to make "not recommended" equal to "improper", go for it. I can't find anything in the dictionary to let me make that leap.