View Single Post

Old 11-02-2012, 08:08 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,879 Times in 417 Posts
Red face I'm baaaack....

I was released from the rehab Ward at the VA hospital today, 17 days after my knee replacement surgery. Everyone says the surgery went very well and I cannot begin to convey how good it felt to shuffle out the door on my walker. I was kept in the post op surgical ward for 6 days and then transferred to the Rehab Ward for 11 more.

I had no freaking clue going in as to the level of pain that lay ahead. I'm hopeful that it will all have been worthwhile at some point down the road but as of today I would never have another knee replacement. I got my knee to bend 90 degrees yesterday and still have a long way to go. I'll be starting a new round of Physical Therapy on Monday and will be working my *** off to get the maximum benefit from that. The PT I got at the VA was hindered by severe under medication over the first 3 days of therapy but once they kicked up the meds it became much more doable.

Wasn't expecting a 17 day stay but did not have much say in the matter. Lots of good things and some not so good things to report on the VA but overall I think it went pretty well. Thanks again to one and all for your support.