View Single Post

Old 11-07-2012, 08:31 PM

Liked 83 Times in 53 Posts

Thanks for the info, guys. I was thinking that I remembered it being the full house loads in 125gr and below that was the usual suspect but I wasn't sure if I remembered the stories correctly since It's been a number of years since I read about the subject in some gun rags.

I currently only have 1 K frame, a 3" model 66 that I dearly love. But, I am also always on the lookout for the right model 64/65 or 10/13. Something about the K frames that just seem to fit me well. I've never shot too many hot .357's in it though, for fear of causing damage. Well, that and the fact that I just don't see the need just for fun shooting. I tend to shoot mainly my own light, powder puff loads of 148gr HBWC's over various fast burning powders like Bullseye or Universal Clays. But, I do venture outside that on occasion so I just wanted to refresh my memory as to the conventional wisdom regarding this issue. Doesn't sound like I have to be unduly concerned though.

I will keep an eye on the lead buildup though, since I generally do shoot cast bullets in it.