View Single Post

Old 11-09-2012, 01:57 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,070 Times in 2,660 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 125JHP View Post
Thanks for the replies,

I agree that it seems that they were not originally sized, just don't know how that could have happened as I normally process cases in batches by step. I just don't see how I could have not re-sized any of them, since the primers were gone. My dies are RCBS (2 sets), neither is universal. The bullets were a new box of 200gn XTP. Cases were all sorted by head stamp and the offending ones were PMC and R-P. None of the primer pockets seemed loose or blown out (used up some Alcan primers I had on the shelf... for a while).

I had gotten about 700 cases from a guy back in 2001 and reloaded some of them in the interim but thinking it over I suppose its possible there could have been some of those that were already decapped by someone else and those are the ones I found this week. That is the only explanation that makes sense to me.
While reading this thread I was also thinking some brass that wasn't resized got mixed in with your resized brass because brass doesn't just expand all by itself while sitting in a bucket. The second part of your thread makes sense, the brass you got from someone else was most probably decapped but not resized. I know some reloaders like to decap before they tumble their brass although I'm not one of them.
SWCA #3437