View Single Post

Old 11-10-2012, 10:50 PM

Liked 1,171 Times in 373 Posts
Default Scarce K22 Masterpiece (Model 17) with 8 3/8 inch barrel

Just got this one lettered and wanted to share the results. The barrel length was confirmed but the target trigger and target grips were not, no worries there. I should be able to find the right trigger and grips without too much trouble. I really want to shoot this one but it's so pretty that I am not sure I trust myself just yet.

Part of the reason these are very scarce is based on a couple things. The 8 and 3/8 inch barrel was introduced for this gun in 1958. The model 17 changed to the model 17-1 in 1959. The window there is pretty small so I wouldn't imagine that many of the long tubed model 17(no dash) exist. I was happy to find this one. I actually had the chance to buy a 29-1 at the same time but I could only afford one and the 44 mag was in pretty rough shape. I am 100% sure I made the right choice.

Again, thanks for indulging me by allowing me to share my letter and pics.

And the letter:
This one shipped pretty late to Rex Firearms of New York City. As Roy says in the letter, it wasn't a popular barrel length so the frame likely sat for awhile until an order came in. My other Rex shipped gun is a Pre-21 factory Pinto so they seemed to be the pipeline for unusual firearms.

Last edited by dacoontz; 11-10-2012 at 10:55 PM.
The Following 22 Users Like Post: