View Single Post

Old 11-17-2012, 06:59 PM

Liked 18,010 Times in 2,512 Posts
Default Abercrombie & Fitch 6 1/2" .38/.44 OD holster, Heiser 3 1/2" .357 Mag. Holster

Abercrombie & Fitch marked holster for the 6 1/2" .38/.44 Outdoorsman revolver, made in the 1940's or '50's by Colorado Saddlery, one of three high end custom holster makers used by Abercrombie & Fitch (Heiser & Lawrence were the others). Colorado Saddlery was started in 1945 by 4 Heiser employees; they made high quality custom holsters until the early 1960's.This example is in excellent original condition with tight rivets & stitching,very stiff heavy leather construction, strong safety strap & snap, no flaws other than some scrapes & scratches. Blocked for the target sights, stamped with the round Abercrombie & Fitch Co. New York logo & the holster model number 708. .38/.44 6 1/2 is inked by the maker on top of the logo, as shown.$80 includes USPS shipping.
Heiser model 457 FBI holster for the Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum revolver with a 3 1/2" barrel. Made post WW II as evidenced by the brown Heiser Denver snap. The model 457 was cataloged as the FBI model, designed in the 1930's for them. This example is in very good plus condition with tight stitching, very stiff heavy leather construction, strong safety strap & snap, scratches & scrapes & a little discoloration,stamped with the oval Heiser logo & model number 457, MAG 3 1/2 etched by the maker as shown.
$70 includes USPS shipping.
I accept money orders, checks & discreet/gift PayPal. As with anything I sell, you may inspect & return for a full refund, paying only return shipping.
1st posted I'll take it gets it, questions do not hold the item.
Regards,
turnerriver