Thread: Shield vs XDs
View Single Post

Old 11-21-2012, 12:55 PM

Liked 111 Times in 47 Posts

I've owned a Shield, and now own an XDs. I paid $525 otd for the Springfield, and about $410 for the Shield. I definitely prefer the XDs.

Do I think it's worth the extra $115? I'd say the Springfield definitely feels more expensive in terms of build quality. I also like the sights and trigger better. The Shield had a good trigger, too, but I just prefer how the XDS breaks. It seems like a crisper and cleaner break imo. The extras are debatable. If it came in a cardboard box with just the extra mag and was cheaper, I wouldn't lose any sleep. If I would've kept the Shield I would have definitely invested into some Apex parts (I was this close) as well as some other sights. That alone would've put me over the cost of the XDs, figuring $90 on the trigger, and about the same+ on the sights.

Stock for stock, they're both great. If you're going to leave them alone and looking for the best value, I'd recommend the Shield. If you're looking for the better gun and not worried about a Benjamin, I'd say the XDs wins and that's having owned them both.
The Following User Likes This Post: