View Single Post

Old 11-23-2012, 09:46 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Smile SW99 GUIDE RODS

"Just purchased an SW990L and I would like to replace, (nicks and marks on nylon bushing means use, though function is good, and it's best to start with new "unstressed" springs), the recoil spring assembly. Can't find OEM replacements in stock anywhere but I am interested in the Sta-Tite assembly from the BT Guide Rods | website. It is a ss rod that uses the mfg.'s bushing and spring. More expensive than oem but the appearence and reputation seem to imply quality. Given your qual's...What are your thoughts?"

KCREEK, I am new to this forum and have had my SW99-.40 for about 3 years now, and absolutely LOVE IT, and with much searching I found that MidwayUSA carries S&W 99 parts, Their Recoil Guiderod P/N is 168115 for the SW9940, If yours is not a .40 cal then ask the guys is customer service to look up the part number for whatever cal you pistol is. They are much faster than looking through page after page of Parts. I know that is has been a while since you wrote this, I hope this helps you. I have no info on the sta-tite assy. from BT Guide Rods. Sorry
The Following User Likes This Post: