View Single Post

Old 11-25-2012, 07:10 PM

Liked 69 Times in 13 Posts

Mr. Helstrom was on the phone on and off almost daily with my mom as she pursued the shipment dates to her customers with the zeal of a mother hen watching over her chicks. She believed in going to the top when it was a matter of life and death. She once showed me how her Burns Martin adjustable holster could be worn by a parachutist so it could be drawn from the back. A little Swiss Army knife like gadget had a compass on the top that also came from her ever creating mind, trying to keep her boys safe. The home that she and dad bought in Triangle next to where the office stood, is now needing some repairs, and if anyone has some extra time around Christmas time, and who knows about plumbing or carpentry, we'd (my eldest son Mason lives with me too and helps in ways he can) be happy to help by getting out of the way or doing what we can to help! I can hammer like crazy but can't lift. I'm handicapped because an xray tech pulled a plate out too fast and moved my sacroiliac out of position, and on Social Security ($640 a month) and I have lots of stories to share if there are some skilled muscles out there who have a little time on their hands! We wanted to turn the office into a museum, but the roof was too far gone and there was not enough money to save it. But, we have pictures.
The Following User Likes This Post: