View Single Post

Old 11-26-2012, 10:07 PM

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Honestly if you get the newer style leather ones with the double clips, they are all pretty much the same with a few personal differences. Check out Hikock45's youtube channel on it, pretty fair handed review of the different kinds. I have one and I do like it, I prefer to carry the 6 round magazine in my Shield 40 just cause it feels better.

I would however like to get one of these with the grip facing out to the right with a magazine holder bolted right next to it, and wear it more of a behind the back style and a little to the right. Reaching high up on your belt line just behind your hip can be a bit of a pain in the elbow and wrist if you are trying to get to it fast, but if they weapon was flipped around it would be much more ergonomic.

Figure out which way to grip it is more comfortable for you first and were you are going to put it, then find a holster that fits your own body best.

Addition: If you are new to the leather wrap IWB holsters, There really is no break in period on decent onces. The leather should be a soft leather lighter then a jacket and it will conform to your body only after 10 to 20 minutes of wearing and doesn't require 'Years' of breaking in. So if someone tells you it needs to be broken in to be comfortable, they are just trying to sell you some junk.