View Single Post

Old 11-28-2012, 08:33 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,599 Times in 993 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyeopn View Post
I agree with Matthew, I do believe the best part of the accuracy of the Sport is the 5R rifling, I also believe that the Melonite coating is a contributing factor because of the fact that there seems to be an issue with the chome lining being consistent all the way down the barrel. After my last shooting episode I proved to myself that trigger control is a very important part of accuracy. If you cannot pull the trigger without pulling the rifle off of the target you cannot shoot accurately. I have had a tremendous amount of training but sometimes I really have to go back to the basics to get consistent accurate groups. It is also easier when Pdog hunting than when shooting at a target.
Matthew you will be blown away with tuned ammo!
It's all in connecting the dots in the right order and being consistant.Reloads are a tremendous help.

It also helps with some of the new add ons like a handgrips that fit your hand better so your trigger finger reaches the trigger at the same point each time naturally. Not too long,not too short. Stocks "almost" made to order for a good cheek fit. Front handguard of choice. Bipods are a tremdous help.
The Following User Likes This Post: