View Single Post

Old 11-28-2012, 09:57 PM

Liked 191 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
We believe that there are a number of factors that contribute to the accuracy of our Sport 095. Similar good accuracy from Remington 700's with 5R rifling lead us to conclude that the 5R rifling helps. With respect to the melonite, we have seen no evidence that melonite makes a barrel any more accurate than a chrome moly vanadium or a stainless steel barrel. What we are seeing is a trend that, if it continues, will establish that melonite treated barrels can be more accurate than chrome lined barrels of similar quality. We also believe that the trends are pointing to melonite contributing to how long a quality barrel will be able to maintain a high level of accuracy. Accuracy also benefits from Sport 095 having one of the best stock single stage trigger I have ever seen on an AR style rifle. Once broken in, the trigger breaks at an average of 6.0 pounds with an extreme spread of break weight of .4 pounds in our most recent trigger pull eval. 3/64 inch of creep before break and 6/64 of overtravel have been noted. The next equipment element of a highly accurate rifle is a good scope. Sport 095 is outfitted with a Leupold VXIII 3.5-10x 50 in Burris heavy duty rings. All told, several things have to come together to make a rifle shoot really well. The next element that we hope to move forward on will be developing an accuracy load. It will be interesting to see what 095 can do with tuned ammo.

Timeline Photos | Facebook
Matthew
My Sport has considerably more creep that what you specify, is there anything I can do other than returning the gun to the factory ?
Bob