View Single Post

Old 11-28-2012, 10:33 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,879 Times in 417 Posts
Talking Update

It has been 6 weeks and I am still slogging through the rehab. I have made a lot progress, especially over the last weeks here at home. Luckily for me our community has several gorgeous pools (lap, therapy etc), and a couple of the best equipped gyms you ever saw. I do Physical Therapy at the VA clinic 3 times a week and everyday at the local facilities.

It took a little more than a month before I could crank the recumbent bike a full 360 degrees and the first couple of times I made a single revolution my eye balls popped right out of my skull. I'd worked up to about 6 revolutions when today I think some of the scar tissue let loose and I was able to crank off 30 revolutions. I'm paying for it now but it hurts so good. I get to start driving again on Friday and have weened myself down to just 3 or 4 pain pills a day. I think the continued progress will increase over the next few weeks and hope to be pretty close to what passes for "normal" by the middle of January.

Almost time to get out to the mountain for some shooting and who knows maybe even a little golf eventually. I have a birthday coming up and haven't had a beer since October 16th due to all the meds I have been on. My B'day treat is going to a nice tall cold one ("one" being a relative term).

The best news is I've lost 19 pounds. Thanks again for all of your support as it has meant a lot. Cheers!
The Following User Likes This Post: