View Single Post

Old 11-28-2012, 11:02 PM

Liked 80 Times in 44 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebs081 View Post
Matthew
My Sport has considerably more creep that what you specify, is there anything I can do other than returning the gun to the factory ?
Bob
095 had more creep and a heavier pull when it was new. Getting it broken in has really settled it in nicely. It has 2400 rrounds through it, plus 900-1200 dry fire reps. We put a ALG ACT trigger with a yellow JP trigger spring and a red JP hammer spring on another one of our AR's(Bushmaster XM-15 HBar). For $75 we got a crisp trigger that breaks at a little over 4.5 pounds. Creep on the ACT is about 1/16 of an inch and overtravel is about 3/32. It had about 700 reps on it when I last measured it.

I believe that having substantially similar triggers on one's rifles so that your brain and trigger finger get accustomed to performing the same act over and over is more conducive to good rifle shooting than having a $300 dead solid perfect trigger on one rifle and stock triggers on the rest. I think that "trigger pull confusion", for lack of a better term, causes quite a bit of the mediocre marksmanship that we see.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: