View Single Post

Old 11-29-2012, 09:56 AM

Liked 1,883 Times in 987 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by max View Post
You should be reloading. It is easy and you can save lots of money. You can get started pretty cheaply with used equipment from EBAY.
Like to know when you can buy used equipment cheap on FeeBay?? People are paying almost as much for used equipment as they could buying retail. See RCBS RockChucker presses going for $80 - $90+ routinely then add $15 to $20 for shipping and it comes to $100, and they are $135 at Cabelas new. I have seen used Forster Coax presses bring $225+. The best place to buy used equipment is locally, search local for sale ads, sometimes there are deals to be found on Craigslist. You can find a lot of people getting out of the hobby because they don't shoot any more, and they generally have a lot more equipment than what comes in a kit, and it usually a lot cheaper than you could buy it new. My reloading setup started with a garage sale find of a new in box RCBS Rockchucker 2, 5-0-5 scale, Uniflow Powder measure, funnel, deburring tool, set of dies and a couple boxes of bullets, for $125.

Buying and selling some stuff locally and my bench now looks like this, and I now have a second bench with casting equipment and my case cleaning equipment: tumbler, media etc.

I am also fortunate enough to live near a Cabelas. With their points program for their Visa card, I am able to reload for a really low cost-per-round, by using their card to purchase a lot of my everyday items, and paying off each month. The only thing that I really have to buy for components now are some bullets for come of the calibers I am not set up to cast for.

Last edited by novalty; 11-29-2012 at 01:07 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: