View Single Post

Old 11-29-2012, 01:13 PM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttugly072 View Post
I got started loading for about 120$ I purchased a lee classic loader for .38 cal 25$, which came with all the data needed for loads which can be found on the net also easily. A scale 15$, a micrometer 15$, primers 15$ and powder 25$. You will need to find a good source of bullets. I am using cast RNFP 30$ per 500.Of course i had been collecting brass for a long time. Yes you do it all by hand the deprime, prime, size, powder charge and crimp. Dont get me wrong it is a hobby,time consuming but it is great fun, and relieved me so much stress. You also will learn so much about technical data and tolerances. You can adjust your bullet weight and powder charge for the different shooting situations and distances. What im getting at is by all means do it. You dont have to go all out at first. You can start cheap and learn the basics before you buy and expensive press. If you have tons of money you probably woudnt be interested in reloading anyway because some people consider their time more valuable. So yeah go for it. Dont shoot up all your kids inheritance. Like i said. For 120$ i was loading away and the basic kit you start with is easily portable. You can take it to work, hunt camp, of friends or whatever and it is always a great back up if parts on your press break and you are waiting for replacement. As said above, it saves about 75% of ammo cost. I shoot about 100 rounds per week and it adds up.
GL and have fun
Dave
Great price on cast bullets. i am looking for a good source, would you mind letting me know where you get your's?
Thanks,
Frank