View Single Post

Old 11-29-2012, 02:05 PM

Liked 1,326 Times in 723 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty357 View Post
I'm not leaning towards any particular weapon for self defense. I'm sure any is better than none. But i personally dont see capacity as being and excuse "not" to carry a more comfortable weapon (Shield) vs the 9C. ............ Or do I plan on working 12hrs a day carrying a bigger (more uncomfortable) weapon with a larger mag that is capable of engaging targets a little farther distance.

IMO, comfort is the #1 priority for me. I will use the comfort a hell of a lot more than I will ever use a high capacity mag, lol. Now on the other hand, I dont mind carrying my 1911 on occasion. Of course for short amounts of time (maybe a few hours). But lets face it, whats the point when its not comfortable at all times.
I wasn't going to weigh in on this part of the thread, but I just couldn't resist;

Whenever you get in a discussion about comfort, "A gun vs NO gun", capacity, caliber wars, shot placement, etc... I always have to post this:

BEHOLD! The MIGHTY Bobcat! (in .22LR) I actually have two of them and they will fit in ANY pocket. Single stack mag holds 7+1 (stingers of course).

I don't mean anything by it. I do tend to suggest to people that they start with SOMETHING and that the natural tendency is to gravitate to a larger caliber/capacity, more potent, etc firearm for CCW over time.

I think that the process is evolutionary and we're all getting there on our own time.

Years ago I was using this, yesterday the S&W 60-9 was my choice, tomorrow it'll be my nifty 9c...it's all good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2085.jpg (130.8 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by M3Stuart; 11-29-2012 at 02:07 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: