View Single Post

Old 11-30-2012, 10:00 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Great posts, men! I'm basically a S&W wheel-guy, but decided to jump into the pistols and just went out today and bought me three SDVE9s. Got a heck of a deal here in central Ohio at Mike Goschinski's "Fin, Feather & Fur Outfitters" in Ashland, OH. $289 per.

I went with the 9mms, since ammo is plentiful for range work and plinking and with some of the newer self-defense rounds, they will do me aok with 17 rounds in hand. I've been hearing stories about mobs and gangs from guys who have been actually set upon, and I felt my S&W six shooters weren't up to "mob capacity."

Am cleaning them all tonight. I am astounded at the fine fit and finish on the barrel and slide on two of them. One of the three seems to have milling marks on the square sides of the barrel and a substantial burr on the lock-up lug where it was broached, but, hey, what do you want for a production gun at these prices? I'll file off the burr and keep the marks--it adds charachter!

Local stores here in Ohio can't keep the 9mm SDVE in stock, even though the factory is churning out 150+ daily. GO S&W!
The Following User Likes This Post: