View Single Post

Old 12-01-2012, 10:03 AM

Liked 3,829 Times in 851 Posts

My duty gun is an FNP45 Tactical, aside from the addition of a Trijicon red dot sight it is as it came out of the box because it is 100% reliable and shoots very, very well for me. It may get some trigger work down the road, we'll see, but for now it's about a perfect duty gun.

My off duty guns (and most of my other handguns) are all modified/customized to some degree, all the mechanical mods make the guns safer, more reliable, and easier to shoot accurately, and the cosmetic mods are just personal preference. I have yet to have an issue with any dept I've worked for and my guns are inspected by the red hats each time we qualify, as long as they are safe they are good to go, there's never been a question or issue over any modifications.

Should I ever get into a gunfight I intend to win and I want the odds as much in my favor as possible, thats why I carry the guns I shoot best and trust to work, some are modified, some aren't. If I end up in court we'll see what happens, at least I'll be there to defend myself.