View Single Post

Old 12-03-2012, 10:32 AM

Liked 395 Times in 207 Posts

There will always be a give and take when talking concealment.

If we want less weight we go with a 380. If we want more capacity we give up thinness.

The Shield 9mm with a 7+1 capacity (flush magazine) is actually one of the higher capacity single stack 9mm available. Kahr CM9 and Beretta both have a capacity of 6+1 with the flush magazine.

If you pocket pack like I do in slacks and you are concerned about printing and being able to actually draw the weapon from your pocket without catching 8 rounds in a 9mm caliber for me is the max.

I have no idea if 8 rounds is enough, however from my research via youtube statistically speaking based on FBI data 8 rounds for a gun fight (close range) is enough rounds to end most situations.

What most of us fail to realize is more rounds means more time exposing ourselves to the potential of getting shot by the bad guy.

Just because a person may have a higher capacity magazine does not neccessary mean they are bettter off in a close range gun fight. Remember, statistically speaking most gun fights end in less than 3 seconds which means extra magazines and large capacity magazines will not trump shot placement when it will be all over in less than 3 seconds for the overwhelming majority of gun fights and for those lasting longer than 3 seconds I would suggest ducking for cover.

Russ