Thread: Nano vs Shield
View Single Post

Old 12-07-2012, 12:13 PM

Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

Mag318, Good report. The Shield and Nano were not around when I bought my Kahr PM40. I have been waiting to get my hands on a Shield to compare it to my Kahr PM40 (which I love). I carry my PM from wake up to nighty night time. I shoot it alot and know it well. As most of you know, the PM's have been around for awhile and were always the smallest lightest carry in semi 40's. My PM has a match grade barrel, night sights, a CTL, 4 larger capacity mags (6 rds) and 1 small capacity mag (5 rds), double and single leather G&G mag pouches for all mags, leather pocket holster, Remora IWB, G&G leather thumb break holster. To switch over from my PM to the Shield is something I am willing to do, but the Shield would need to be significantly better, if I am to retool all accessories from the PM to the Shield. The Kahr is very accurate and I was shooting IDPA with it until I purchased the M&P40Pro. Just brought the Pro home this week and have not shot it yet, but already love it. I am thinking that sticking with the S&W series would benefit me...particularly for a similar trigger and going all M&P. Therefore, I would love to hold and shoot the Shield side by side to compare it to my PM, which has a nice smooth DAO trigger. I would not need both guns which makes this a tough decision, but one I hope to make in the coming year. The M&P22 is also on my hit list for a future purchase....soon I hope. (I am sure the Nano is a nice gun too...as you reported).

Again, thanks for your review and comparison, which made me relate to my thoughts on comparing the Shield to my Kahr PM. It is all a very personal choice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PB211056.jpg (198.9 KB, 340 views)
File Type: jpg PC251391.jpg (198.0 KB, 328 views)
File Type: jpg PB211060.jpg (147.5 KB, 353 views)
File Type: jpg PC251390.jpg (154.1 KB, 475 views)

Last edited by Bushido; 12-07-2012 at 12:22 PM.