Thread: Nano vs Shield
View Single Post

Old 12-07-2012, 01:18 PM

Liked 18 Times in 5 Posts

I had a Beretta Nano. I am a huge fan. It was hands-down the most accurate small pistol I've ever had or shot. It was 100% with all the ammo that I put through it. It was very obviously built ruggedly, and extremely concealable. I loved almost everything about it.

But I sold it. It just wasn't right for me because the grip was just too small for my hands. Because Beretta promised +2 mag extenders when they released the pistol, Pearce and other companies won't build anything for it. But Beretta hasn't released them. I called and emailed the company over and over - and they have a slot for the extensions on their website, but the last time I saw a timeframe for releasing them to the public, it March or April, and they said they'd have them out by "Oct 2012".

Based on what I saw, if they ever get the mag extensions out, or if a 3d party produces some... I will absolutely buy another. In a minute.

I know there are complaints about reliability - Mag318, I'd wonder if you might need a new recoil spring, but 1000-1200 rounds seems mighty premature for that... to me. I didn't put that many through mine.