Thread: Nano vs Shield
View Single Post

Old 12-08-2012, 11:31 AM

Liked 395 Times in 207 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1LT1 View Post
No joke, I have visited 16 (actual number) different gun stores in 3 different states since July and not one of them had one or had even seen one in at least a month or two+.
Two of them did have the plastic 'blue gun' that I was able to play with so I was happy for that at least LOL.
That alone should tell us that the thing must really be that good (or that S&W is just deliberately limiting production of the damn thing LOL ).
I assumed that it would be at least another 6 months before I would find one (or at least find one for under MSRP as I don't pay retail for ANYTHING LOL ) so I decided to get the Nano for a dirt cheap price before my 'Permit to Purchase' (silly New Jersey) forms ran out.
I will own a Shield someday too though, nothing wrong with having two nice CCWs/BUGs even though most of us can't even legally carry in this goofy state LOL.

I wonder if the lack of Shields has anything to do with the State you live in. If NewJersey makes gun owners jump through hoops to own a gun it wouldn't surprise me if they make it a financial challenge for gun manufactures to ship their product into those restrictive states.

I know for a fact S&W is shipping Shields daily and when I spoke with customer service last summer they informed me the Shield production line was operating 3 shifts.

Good luck locating a Shield especially in New Jersey. Living in Utah I take for granted my gun rights. Today if I wwnted to own a hand gun the only steps is a 5 minute questionaire the Federal Government requires and a 5 minute on the spot background check and I am done and with my Utah conceal permit the cost of the back ground check is waived.

I love Utah. The economy is strong, my gun rights are protected and if you hold a concealed permit you are looked upon as the good guy.

Russ

P.S. Does New Jersey allow you to purchase a handgun from out-of-state via internet or phone transaction and have the firearm shipped to a FFL in New Jersey? If yes I would bag searching New Jersey gun shops and look in less populated red states for a Shield.

Last edited by RussC; 12-08-2012 at 11:53 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: