View Single Post

Old 12-08-2012, 05:56 PM

Liked 34,018 Times in 3,680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatesRightist View Post
I've got to disagree with you on that one. If you watch some movies/shows it's obvious some guys are horsemen, shooters etc and some are fakes.

Duvall, Wayne, Eastwood, Tommy Lee Jones, William Devane, and especially Ben Johnson can/could all ride.

Segal, Selleck, Nuggent, Robert Conrad, Duvall, Bruce Willis, Brad Pitt, Josh Brolin are known to be frequent shooters.

Then there are the "other" guys.
I agree with you but the difference is, these guys actually have skills in the area. Ben Johnson never had to pretend he knew how to ride a horse and Tom Selleck doesn't have to pretend he knows which end the bullet comes out of.

Kind of irks me a bit when those Hollywood anti gun folks make millions off of, well, pretending they know how to handle and shoot a gun.

Now back to Five-O . . . another thing that is totally unrealistic is all the high speed chases and shoot-em-ups they do and they never seem to have to do any paperwork. They just yuk it up and move on to the next high speed chase or shoot-em-up. Most any cop in the trade will tell you they spend nearly as much time doing paperwork as they do on the job.