Thread: Nano vs Shield
View Single Post

Old 12-08-2012, 08:48 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussC View Post
I wonder if the lack of Shields has anything to do with the State you live in. If NewJersey makes gun owners jump through hoops to own a gun it wouldn't surprise me if they make it a financial challenge for gun manufactures to ship their product into those restrictive states.
That could be part of it but it wasn't only in NJ. I'd been to shops/stores in PA and even in IN and WV (when I drove out to IN for a drag racing event this past October) and none of them had one in stock nor had even had one come in in months. When they did get them they went to those on a long waiting list and/or were simply gone inside of an hour or two.
I'll finally get to see one sometime in 2013 I'm sure.

Quote:
Good luck locating a Shield especially in New Jersey. Living in Utah I take for granted my gun rights. Today if I wwnted to own a hand gun the only steps is a 5 minute questionaire the Federal Government requires and a 5 minute on the spot background check and I am done and with my Utah conceal permit the cost of the back ground check is waived.

I love Utah. The economy is strong, my gun rights are protected and if you hold a concealed permit you are looked upon as the good guy.
Ok, that's it, I'm moving to Utah! LOL
I'm VERY jealous!
Sounds a lot like Vermont or Arizona as well. Heck I'd even be happy with Texas or Florida type gun laws if we could have them.

Quote:
P.S. Does New Jersey allow you to purchase a handgun from out-of-state via internet or phone transaction and have the firearm shipped to a FFL in New Jersey? If yes I would bag searching New Jersey gun shops and look in less populated red states for a Shield.
Yes, and that's even exactly how I've bought ALL of my pistols so far. I do feel bad not patronizing (the few) local gun shops that we have as I always encourage people to support them otherwise they could go away but their prices are simply INSANE around here. Even after paying shipping and FFL fees it is STILL much cheaper for me to get most firearms via mail order versus buying them locally.
Even most of my ammo is bought via mail order.
But even across the nation, I haven't found many Shields available. I did come across a couple of .40 cal versions (sold out in minutes of course) at over MSRP at one online store but I want a 9mm and I want it for under $400.00 too! LOL