Thread: polishing a 629
View Single Post

Old 12-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Banned

Liked 139 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quakertown View Post
I can honestly say, out of the hundreds..literally HUNDREDS of shooters I've encountered at the range in the years of shooting and bringing my polished ss revolvers, NOT ONE has EVER expressed your view as polishing diminishes value, and NONE ever said they didn't like it. I'm sure there are some out there that don't like polished, but to say "most buyers want originality" is pure bs and speculation to support your view. Same can be said about the statement saying polishing was done to cover up use/abuse, pure bs.
People admirer shiny things, our eyes are drawn to them, much like red cars. But a 629-1 is not a new production piece. I would agree that most people who would be willing to shell out top dollar for one in the box would not be as willing to pay that amount if the finish was altered. It's not disrespecting what anyone chooses to do with their own firearm, it's just a statement of truth. Just as there are people who will pay top dollar for a gold plated Desert Eagle there are some who would be as likely, or more to go after the polished model, but I believe from what I have seen that market is considerably smaller than the one who prefer factory configuration.

Opinions are nothing to get upset about, w all have them
The Following User Likes This Post: