View Single Post

Old 12-10-2012, 08:34 PM

Liked 138 Times in 57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule3 View Post
Why are so many people (whatever it is) so quick to blame equipment or parts for a failure. Not directed to anyone here but there are so many variables that are at play. A couple primers not igniting is not a HUGE issue when there is no data to suggest it is the primer itself. Winchesters are one of the easiest primers to seat, and are very reliable
Can there be a problem with them, perhaps, but if I was a betting Man I would say it's something else.

I changed some springs in my 625. It didn't go bang with Win Primers. Maybe Federal would work but I do not have any.. It was the light main spring, I did not blame it, it is what it is, I put the original back in.
When I reload, I load 100 rounds in one setting. When its .45acp I use 230 RN hornady bullet, winchester primer, 7.0g of power pistol, seated to a depth of 1.230. I seat each primer the same way with a lee hand primer. When I charge the case, i do one at a time and place them in a tray. When im done, i look over each round to make sure powder is in them and they look equal.
These failures I had were in a 100 count batch. Could I have made a mistake? Yes. Im not perfect. I pulled the bullet out. There was 7.0 grains of power pistol in it. I removed the primer, and it did not show any signs of being ignited. Did I not seat it enough? Possible. I have reloaded alittle of 1000 rounds of .45acp and .40s combined. Still very new. It just seemed wierd that I had more than 1 misfire with 2 different size primers that just had to be of the same brand.
None of my guns are altered and have factory parts in them.