View Single Post

Old 12-10-2012, 09:38 PM

Liked 138 Times in 57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule3 View Post
DMAX,
Was the question: Did you try to restrike, refire the dud rounds been answered??

Your reloading method is excellent, checking each round in the loading tray. The Lee hand proper works very well also. I speculate you just did not seat them firmly on a few of them. I have done the same thing. Try a few more, if they do not fire, re chamber and fire them again. If they go off then that's the problem. Simple.

What I was saying was this. Having powder of any amount in the case has Nothing to do with the primer igniting or not.

You can load a cartridge with NO powder. seat a bullet and primer and when the firing pin hits the primer it will go POP instead of BANG. There is enough force to move the bullet out into the barrel and you will have a squib stuck in the barrel. If you fire the next round and it has full powder, the bullet will jam into the stuck bullet and very bad things will happen.
okay thank you very much for the help. I did not try to shoot the rounds a second time. I have never ever had this happen to me so I really did not know what to do. I will pay more attention to the primer seating from now on. I usually run the finger over it and if i feel alittle nub i try to reseat but now i will give it more detail.
The Following User Likes This Post: