View Single Post

Old 12-12-2012, 06:35 PM

Liked 36 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMystro View Post
So its a 6.5"barrel M29. If it is in good shape, $700.00 is a fair pice. Anything less is a good deal. I would offer him $550.00 and see where it goes. That is a desirable gun and you won't loose any money on the deal. I picked up a M29-3 with a 8 3/8" barrel in Nike new condition with box/papers for $475.00 a few years ago at a out of the way gunshop. I had a few M29 at the time and flipped it for $900.00.
I don't know, the barrel is pretty damn long. I'm not an expert but this looks like a dead ringer of the Dirty Harry gun. Maybe it is a 1979? Maybe the LGS owner is wrong?

I'm going back there this week and will check it out again and get some more info. The sellers shop is a bit off the beaten path and tucked away in the lower level of another gun shop, and his number is not in the phone book. They don't seem to sell very much. This gun has been sitting there for at least 6 months, which was the last time I visited. This gun is not high priority or something I really need, but without box and papers, maybe I could get a great deal? If I can flip it for a few hundred more that would be fine.

They also have a beautiful Remington 1100 auto-loading shotgun for $300 I've been eyeballing as well. From what I've seen, that is a great deal. I could probably get it for even less. Maybe I can make him an offer on both?

Last edited by Chris L.; 12-12-2012 at 06:55 PM.