View Single Post

Old 12-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 13,195 Times in 2,860 Posts
Default Late production 3913 triggers.

Over the last few months I've picked up two examples of late production 3913's. These were former CA DOC LE trade ins. Both in very good condition with very little signs of use. Both made after the "official" end of production in 2000. TDS and TDT serial prefixes.

In shooting them alongside an early production 3913 with flash chromed hammer and trigger and a 3914 I've noticed a distinct difference in the actions.

While the well used early 3913 has a very smooth DA pull, it is longer than the DA pull on the 2000 versions. The 2000 versions have just as smooth a DA pull but it is distinctly short. Short as in when you put your finger on the trigger and begin your press, the hammer is moving and you are about to trigger the shot. I really like it.

The 2000 versions SA pulls are practically identical and also identical to the earlier guns. Very crisp, fairly light.

So was anything done to the trigger geometry of later production, pre TSW 3913's? Is it a matter of a different hammer spring? Being CA DOC LE guns were they given a little more attention than non LE guns? Anyone have a similar experience? Regards 18DAI