View Single Post

Old 12-15-2012, 09:27 AM

Liked 395 Times in 207 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain View Post
The XS Big Dots I bought for my Shield do not fit right in the gun, the fs is too tight(even after much fitting) and the rs is too loose. Plus, I was not at all happy when I realized they were not "full" night sights. The sights were purchased through Amazon, I checked the description several times and it said nothing about the rs not being "lit". The company that sold them actually started giving me some difficulty about returning them
After some back & forth they finally did give an RMA and refund.
I'm waiting on TruGlo TFOs as a replacement.
I paid a gunsmith to install my XS Big Dot on my Shield and fortunately I have not needed adjusting so I can't speak from experience if the sights are too tight to adjust.

I can speak from experience that in the 6 months I have been pocket packing with the sights every range trip has been consistent with regard to the aim.

The design of the rear sight does open up your field of view with the shallow "v" shape over a square shape notch and post however alignment of front and rear sight is not as precise with a shallow "v" shape but for 7 yard shots I can group my shots in the black (7,8,9,10) of a 50 ft rated target.

I figure for increased speed to acquire target XS design provides over notch and post I gave up one inch in my 7 round groups at 7 yards. (1 1/2" notch & post vs 2 1/2" for XS)

Russ