View Single Post

Old 12-16-2012, 06:41 PM

Liked 29,134 Times in 14,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65BrownFan19 View Post
Good Morning my new found Smith & Wesson's discussion group. I recently found a break top .38 5shot s&w cartridge revolver in fairly good shape, no rust but some wear on the end of the barrel and cylinders. As soon as I am able to pick it up from the local Pawn Broker, I will inspect it more thorough. I believe the serial #began with 34XXX? Not 100% sure on that, may be 43XXX?. Never the less, someone pawned it and I have to wait the Fed req. wait time for them to be able to research and release it(which to me protects the buyer, FFL and may help stop some thieves. I was able to find the ammo for it from a few web site suppliers at a good price. The information given on the prior posts were an enormous help on the manufacturing, load size and history. I'm looking forward to posting some pictures, if possible, and hopefully get a forthright opinion of my find?
Go Browns!!
Assuming it is a S&W DA .38, it may be an antique and therefore not subject to BATFE and most state and local regulations. The cutoff SN is 382,002 for the DA .38. If it is NOT a S&W DA .38, I would have no idea.