View Single Post

Old 12-17-2012, 10:49 PM

Liked 17,264 Times in 6,633 Posts

I wish I had a good answer for you. I have no faith in the FBI or any other law enforcement agency (outside of St. Louis County) to advise you to fight back. They'll all tout the standard line about "lock downs" calling 9-1-1, hiding, not resisting, and the rest of the failed techniques.

Some people have suggested putting police officers in every school in the country. That's financially impractical. Some towns would have devote all of their day shift personnel just to the schools. Or they'd have to pay officers overtime. Or they'd have to hire more officers.

The state of the economy just doesn't allow that. And funds for school security programs have been cut under the current President, so look for lip service from the federal government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecove View Post
Great input guys. I agree GaryS making the assumption that it is a hostage situation is the first mistake. They need a plan for an armed intruder that assumes he is there to kill everyone. You all gave me good ideas, but I am no expert so how do I get across to the leaders there that a new plan needs to be developed. Who in the community is available to call upon to provide expert advise. Do you just call Homeland Security or the FBI, Where to start? How do you fight those that say not to defend yourself or take an aggressive strategy. I'm sure that there are those that want a passive policy. How does one defeat that type of madness. Perhaps there needs to be a community wide policy developed for all schools and institutions. Anyone have experience with this type of thing?
Again thanks for your input.
Stonecove