View Single Post

Old 12-18-2012, 03:10 PM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt_saa View Post
102719 is simply listed as 3" 66-5 RR WO RB service style faux ivory grips with no medallion

The SCSW does not show this as a Distributor Exclusive.

The Spec Ord number is just a date code. It indicates the revolver was manufactured on January 13th 1999
Thanks for the info on this...I started to worry that this might be the case after I got home with it. Though the original shop tag from the original sale said "Lew Horton Special" and "1 of 293", and on the box it says "Special", I began to feel like it might not be worth quite as much as I paid for it. I have, as probably many of you have, passed on several weapons for one reason or another (mostly figured I could beat the price elsewhere) that I later regretted not buying, and didn't want this to be one of those times.

I gave $1000 for it, and maybe it was some too much, but I mostly feel Klyde is right in that I should probably be glad that I was able to acquire it more than worry about the fact I may have give a couple hundred too much for it at current values. Just would've made it nicer knowing I didn't overspend for it.

Last edited by NewLdr; 12-18-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: typos