View Single Post

Old 12-20-2012, 11:25 AM

Liked 26 Times in 10 Posts

I think I saw something about a 9/11 thing. I also seem to recall that the national debt was about $4 Trillion back then, but that it quadrupled in the next 10 years as we tried to be all things to all people. It can't go on. Our unborn descendants already are on the hook for too much. Why not just let people undergo background checks and get training (with periodic recertifications) with endorsements like a CDL and give them a nationwide CCW that allows them to carry guns within their level of training? They can get a general license, then get an airplane endorsement, etc. It sounds very cost effective. Let's face it, we already allow pilots to carry on planes, and their qualifications are: (1) they are smart enough to know how to fly planes and meet some medical requirements; and (2) they took some classes on shooting. I know it won't happen, and that we will come up with some new taxpayer funded program to deal with this little slice of the problem until the next problem comes along.